Police Canteen Service
The Canteen had started functioning at district police office in Ramangara. This Canteen will cater to all policemen and officers of the district and provide groceries at subsidized rates.
Police Welfare Fund
(A) Karnataka Police Benevolent Fund:
Karnataka Police Benevolent fund was established during 1975.
- The objective of the fund is to give relief to the family of a member in the event of his death while in service.
- To grant monetary aid to members and their family in exceptional cases where the reimbursement is not possible under KMA on the recommendations of the committee constituted.
- To give financial assistance for purchase of denture, spectacles and artificial limbs, advance for purchase of wheel chair, three wheeler.
- To grant scholarship to the children of members on the basis of merit.
- To give financial assistance for higher educations.
- To give full expenditure towards the school/training for mentally retarded child.
- To organize courses of training.
- To have play-grounds, children’s park in police colonies. To providing reading rooms, etc.
Arogya Bhagya Yojane (Govt. Health Benefit Scheme)
Karnataka Government has introduced unique scheme called Arogya Bhagya Yojane to its Police Personnel and their families, which was launched during June 2002. This scheme is a self-financing scheme managed through monthly contribution from the Police Personnel themselves & through medical reimbursement from the Government. The scheme is administered by a Nodal Agency having expertise in Medical administration.
The Nodal Agency identifies high-tech hospitals among Government recognized Hospitals for the purpose of medical reimbursement with excellent infrastructural facilities in districts and cities in the State. An amount of Rs.26.39 Crores up to 15-10-2005 have been spent towards medical treatment for Police personnel and their families. At present the scheme is running successfully.